5 Tips to Sell Your Poconos Home for the Highest Price
- Choose a local agent. Do your research and find an agent that lives and works in the area your property is located in. An agent who knows your local market and can highlight similar properties that have sold recently, will know your home’s potential. Together, you and your agent can review homes in your area that are currently on the market, under contract and have sold recently and compare them to your house. Things like square footage, location and upgrades will be important to compare when pricing your home.
- Make thoughtful improvements to your home. A great agent can also help guide you when it comes to home improvements. The benefit and return of home projects will vary based on the marketplace. Things like replacing the carpet, putting a fresh, neutral color paint on the walls or adding some landscaping to increase curb appeal will make your property shine and add value without spending thousands of dollars. If something in your home is not functioning correctly, it might make sense to correct those issues before you put your house on the market. These things will most likely be discovered during a home inspection and will give the buyer tools to negotiate a lower offer price. You don’t want to jeopardize your bottom line over issues that could have been fixed right from the start.
- Clear out the clutter. Too much furniture and excessive decorations can make your home look smaller than it really is. Rent a storage unit and remove everything that isn’t essential. Remove personal things like trophies or photos so buyers can envision themselves in the space. Doing this before you list your home for sale will not only make your home show better but it will also make your life easier when you actually move.
- Choose a real estate agent with a great marketing plan. While every licensed real estate agent will have access to the Multiple Listing Service, only the best ones will go beyond just listing your home on the MLS. “We put into place an advanced and target advertising campaign to put your home in front of the RIGHT buyer” says Marketing Director, Xander Weidenbaum. Look for a brokerage with a strong and consistent social media presence and professional website to ensure that your property will be showcased properly. You should also insist that your agent use a professional photographer and videographer when it’s time to photograph your home. Properties with high quality images 32% faster and for more money than those without.
- Negotiate the best offer and not just the highest offer. If you are fortunate enough to find yourself in a multiple-offer situation make sure you take into consideration the terms of each contract, not just the offer price. The buyer may be requesting certain contingencies be put in place that may affect your bottom line in the long run. Contingencies are terms that are spelled out in the Agreement of Sale that allow the buyer to cancel the contract if those terms aren’t met. While it is natural to want to jump at the highest offer, it is important to carefully consider each offer and trust your agent’s expertise.
Redstone Run Realty Helps You Get Moving!
We had never sold a property before and they helped me through every step of the process.
- Catherine C.
Top notch team. Client centered. My go-to resource in the Poconos.
- Michael S.
Redstone Run Realty is the dream team! They handled the sale of our first home and the purchase of our next like it was a walk in the park!
- Rebecca H.
If you are looking for a real estate agency, you should look no further than the team at Redstone Run Realty.
- Devon M.