The town of Stroudsburg is located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. Stroudsburg, PA is known for its scenic surroundings and charming architecture. Filled with great history, family-friendly lifestyle, and vast green spaces, there’s no doubt why you’d want to call this place home.
Your Dream Home Features
Homes for sale in Stroudsburg, PA offer many beautiful features and perks that attract buyers from not only the Pocono Mountain region but also neighboring states like New Jersey and New York. Here’s what you should expect from homes for sale in Stroudsburg PA:
- Location, Location, Location: Boasting unique family-run shops and restaurants, art galleries and historic sites, the always bustling Downtown Stroudsburg is the definition of small-town charm. Stroudsburg is conveniently situated off Interstate 80 moments from the New Jersey border and only 90 minutes to New York City and Philadelphia.
- Stroudsburg, PA offers the best of both worlds. Choose a home in town for the convenience of walking to shops and restaurants, find the perfect suburban oasis or get an awesome country retreat with space to spread out and privacy from your neighbors.
- Most homes in the Stroudsburg area feature fireplaces in one or more rooms, a deck or porch so you can enjoy outdoor living and large open concept floorplans.
- More bang for your buck! The average price per square foot in Stroudsburg, PA is $111 compared to just over an hour away in Bergen County, NJ at $288 per square foot. Similarly, the median home price in Stroudsburg, PA is $162,500 vs $466,400 in Bergen County.
Becoming a Proud Stroudsburg Resident
When buying a house in Stroudsburg you gain more than a new home, you join a community! Check out some of the many reasons that make homes for sale in Stroudsburg PA so desirable.
- Great Schools: The town of Stroudsburg is home to the high-ranking Stroudsburg Area School District, in fact Stroudsburg High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Pennsylvania for overall test scores.
- Awesome Restaurants: Stroudsburg is home to many great restaurants and urban wineries. Check out the Charcuterie on Main Street for tapas and hand-crafted cocktails or stop by Renegade Winery to enjoy a glass of their famous sangria and live music. Don’t forget to visit the Farmer’s Market in courthouse square for locally grown produce, fresh-made artisan breads, live music and more!
- Endless Shopping: Stroudsburg’s boutiques and galleries are filled with clothing, jewelry, shoes, sporting goods, and home décor just to list a few. Many of Stroudsburg’s shops offer fun workshops and special programs like Kitchen Chemistry’s Cupcake Decorating Night or Pocono Soap’s Bath Bomb Workshop.
- Outdoor Adventures: Stroudsburg’s walkable sidewalks and walking trails are perfect for relaxing excursions in your own backyard. Homes in Stroudsburg, PA benefit from a number of local parks like Big Pines Park and Brodhead Creek Park where you can hike, fish, play soccer and baseball or enjoy a picnic. The Delaware River and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area are also a short drive away.
- Festival Fun: Stroudsburg hosts special events and festivals throughout the year – nearly every week! Check out the Greek Festival in the spring for authentic Mediterranean cuisine like Gyros, Spanakopita, and Baklava. Bundle up and head downtown for the annual WinterFest in February to see hand carved ice sculptures and local musicians and performers. The Harvest Festival, Stroudfest, St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Riverfest are just a few of the other great events you won’t want to miss.
5 Questions to Ask When Searching Homes for Sale in Stroudsburg PA
- How long has the property been on the market?
- Is this property located in a community?
- How far is it from downtown and shopping?
- What are the taxes and expenses involved?
- When was this property built?
Find Your New Stroudsburg Home With Redstone Run Realty
Here at Redstone Run Realty, we know where to look for the best properties in the market. As locals, we offer personalized insights to match you with the ideal home. Our office is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Stroudsburg and with years of experience in the market, we know how crucial it is for you to find relevant and current information.
Whether you’re purchasing your first home, investing, downsizing or relocating; our team is committed to helping you achieve your real estate goals by providing you with outstanding service and quality information to help make your home search easy and stress free!
Since 2011, Redstone Run Realty has worked to build an outstanding team of experienced individuals, all of who are passionate about offering the best homebuying experience to our clients. We will provide you with the information and guidance you need to make the right decision for you and your family.
If you’d like to learn more about homes for sale in Stroudsburg, PA contact Redstone Run Realty today!