Buying your first home is a huge milestone in most people’s lives. Being a first-time home buyer can be exciting but also overwhelming, stressful and expensive. Avoid the common mistakes made by many first-time buyers and make the experience of buying a home as smooth and stress-free as possible by reading our proven tips and tricks below.
The Benefits of Buying Your Own Home
- Personalize and customize your space and take pride in your home. When you own your home, you have the freedom to change your space to suit your personal tastes without having worry about what is permitted by a landlord.
- Enjoy the stability and predictability of owning a home. You decide if and when you will move, not your landlord. You can also rest easy knowing your monthly fixed-rate mortgage payment will not change.
- Homeowners can capitalize on the equity in their home over time, meaning that as the value of your home increases, so would your profit should you decide to sell.
Tips for First Time Home Buyers
We highlighted 5 must-follow tips that are essential to making the purchase of your first home as stress-free as possible:
- Determine how much you can afford and speak to a mortgage lender about what types of loans you qualify for. In a highly competitive market, having your pre-approval means you won’t get held up waiting to submit an offer once you find the home that’s right for you.
- Keep an eye on your credit. Don’t open new credit cards or make a big purchase like appliances or a new car until after you close on your home.
- Set aside money to cover your closing costs. In addition to your down payment, you will also have to come to the closing table with enough money to cover the closing fees. These include the appraisal, home inspection, property taxes and other fees. You should budget between 2-5% of the purchase price for your closing costs.
- Research neighborhoods. For many buyers, the neighborhood you live in is just as important, if not more so than the home itself. If you are relocating to a new area, talk to your agent about the locations that best fit your needs.
- Hire the perfect real estate agent. Looking for a new home can be exhausting without an agent, especially for a first-time home buyer. A good REALTOR® can help impartially point out the pros and cons of homes and put you in touch with industry professionals to help secure your home loan, home inspections and repairs.
What First-Time Home Buyers Say About Working With Us
Easy-going yet professional, Rob was great to work with in purchasing my first house! He was able to pinpoint the ideal property that matched my lifestyle and made the process of house buying manageable and smooth.
I had a great experience with Derek! Not only was he easily and always available to get in contact with, but also made the entire home buying process a breeze. Any questions or concerns that arose throughout the process, Derek would have the answers for or get a hold of the answers for me. Derek was helpful, understanding, and flexible. I would definitely recommend him when looking to purchase a new home!
Greg Weidenbaum from Redstone Run took my fiancé and I under his wing and helped us find our new home. Being first-time home buyers, that made a huge difference. Greg was very knowledgeable and very helpful. We were able to ask him anything, and he either knew the answer, or found it out very quickly. It was obvious that he had experience and knew the in’s and out’s of being a realtor, from showing the house, to explaining the paperwork process. In the future if we were to expand and move into a new home, we would definitely use Redstone Run, and would recommend them to anybody.
-Lindsay P. and John K.
Find Your First Home With Redstone Run Realty
Buying your first home is a huge milestone and most likely the biggest purchase you’ll have ever made up to this point in your life! Choosing the right real estate professional will help make the process as seamless as possible by helping you to find a home, negotiate a deal, and see the process through until closing day. If you are considering buying your first home in the Pocono Mountains and Greater Lehigh Valley area, the Redstone Run Realty team can guide you through the options and help you buy the home of your dreams!
Contact us today at (570) 390-4646!